Wednesday, December 17, 2008

What is Wrong With You People?

by Ralph the Cat

Okay, so I often feel I'm allowed to complain about Mountaineer more than your average player. I may be wrong, but who cares, it is what it is. I often wonder what is wrong with you players that complain about a stewards decision when you only get a few blury head on shots on a computer monitor. Suddenly it becomes the "worst DQ you have ever seen", and in 2 months there will be another DQ that is the "worst DQ you have ever seen".

The third race Monday night I bet a horse called Milliondollarbaby and I also had it listed on my contest sheet that can clearly be seen at e-ponies.com. When they turned for home I said shit, the #4 Im Inuit ridden by Olaf Hernandez is going to get by my horse, then suddenly I screamed ..."that's it lean in on him a little, you got, you got it". As the horse crossed the line I said to myself, thank god this is at Mountaineer, because anywhere else that would be a DQ. So I log on to twinspires to check my account balance after the 6-1 shot wins it. My account balance doesn't reflect the win, I didn't have to look at the results, I knew right away that they must have brought that horse down and placed him second. Was I mad? no, because it was the right call. S0 what is wrong with you people? If you couldn't see that the lead horse affected the 2nd place finisher, I'm not so sure you are an intelligent race observer.

The only thing I can complain about with the stewards at Mountaineer is the lack of more DQs. There's not too much consistency at Mountaineer, but when they do make a DQ, its usually a pretty damn good decision. I think the reason why Mountaineer players get frustrated is because we see rough race riding at Mountaineer so many nights without DQs, so when there is a DQ, we just think its race riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment