Saturday, December 20, 2008

"No Player, No Cry"

by Ralph the Cat

I remember when we used to sit,
In the paddock area in Chester,
Oba - obaserving the 'ypocrites,
As they would mingle with the good people we meet.
Good races we won, oh, good races we've lost
Along the way.
In this great track, you can't forget your past;
So dry your tears, I seh.
No, player, no cry;

No, player, no cry.
'Ere, little darlin', The mountain will open soon,
So dry your tears, I seh.
No, player, no cry.

Its hard to believe a reggae song written more than 35 years ago is still played on the radio today. Bob Marley's hit song"No Women, No Cry" from 1975 was playing on the local radio station the moment I clicked to view this Saturdays overnighter. Unfortunately, it hit me hard when there was no overnighter for Saturday and I remembered there wouldn't be any MNR races this weekend. There's mountaineer players all over the world walking around with their heads down and a little less spunk in their step this week. Its going to be tough, but I'm here if any one needs to talk about it. All I can say is... "No player, No Cry"... because this Saturday afternoon you can pull up past performances for December 27ths card already. So don't shed no tears, you have work to do.

Everything's gonna be all right!
I said, everything's gonna be all right-a!
Everything's gonna be all right!
Everything's gonna be all right, now!
Everything's gonna be all right!

2 comments:

  1. Question to the experts from someone who can barely read a form- How awesome is Russell Road? Can a colt like this win in the big races? I read that his owners have mentioned the Preakness, are his connections good enough to bring his talent to the level outside of West Virginia? There is not alot of info to find on him and I am asking because no one else seems to care about him (I guess that might be a sign!) Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a great horse, but the way the games played he's nothing unless he gets out and races in graded stake races outside of WV, until then hes just another good 2 year old, well, recently turned 3... Time will tell, but he does have the look of a graded winner, Im just not so sure about a grade I winner, he'll be facing much, much stronger in his next few starts...

    ReplyDelete