Sunday, April 26, 2009

No News Isnt Always Good News

By Ralph the Cat

Especially when it comes to "MY" blog. But hey, I'm still alive and well. Ive just been busier than a hooker on a Friday night. So here's the deal, jockeys are still lazy and unprofessional, trainers still cheat, agents still suck and track management still don't know how to run a track. Oh, I almost forgot, bettors still like to bitch about the stupidest of things. Ahh, horse racing in the 21st century.

In other news, MNR slashed purses like a used car salesman. Their product is shit as well, much like a used cars salesman. I wont blame that on management.... yet, but I do think HRTVs exclusive coverage of CT and TVGs non-coverage of anything associated with West Virginia racing might have something to do with the donkeys at MNR. I know, I know, there's only so much they can do. Like make the WV Derby a grade II, and maintain the highest stakes purses they've ever had. As long as they cut the bottom purses they can maintain excellence! I ask, why help the ship-in stake trainers who don't give a rats ass about MNR racing, but force legitimate stables, not the small stables, but legitimate stables with good horses to consider shipping to PID, Penn or even CT. Watch the names disappear slowly but surely as our $2,500 claimers run for a claiming tag of $5k with purses dropping to $8,000. Ahhh, MNR wanted to look like CD, now they look like TDN. But hey, we have a Grade II race!

I'm not pointing fingers, or saying anybody is wrong, I'm just saying there's a few things that aren't right, and the the few things that are right, I don't give a rats ass about.

In other news, Ozzy got wasted, cheated at Black Jack and was banned from MNR. I didn't see it in writing yet, that's just a rumor, but you know what they say about rumors, they're usually half true. He probably wasn't wasted, he was probably high.

No comments:

Post a Comment